UPDATE: we are moving from this location as of 12/31/19. No new rentals or leasing will be done as of 12/1/19.
Artist Studio Spaces
$300-$650. Availability varies. Adjacent spaces can be combined. Rates are all-in (include normal usage electricity, Wi-Fi, trash disposal, common area maintenance, and parking). Please fill out a Studio Application. If you haven’t been in yet for a tour, contact us to arrange one!
Events – Venue Rental – Art Events – openings, shows, pop-up shops, craft fairs
Abrams is an arts community, and our venue is reserved solely for events related to visual and performing arts. This includes fine art exhibitions; art shows; gallery nights; performance art; film screenings; craft fairs; textile / fashion arts; pop-up shops related to the arts; plays; film & TV shoots & recordings; auditions; table reads, arts instruction classes, etc.
We cannot host parties, concerts, club nights, weddings, birthdays, showers, raves, non-arts trade shows, estate auctions, etc. With rare exceptions, we also cannot host arts events that feature live music as the entertainment.
Event pricing varies depending on type of event, size, indoor / outdoor, parking requirements, and other factors. Rates on Fridays and Saturdays for an indoor-only event are approximately $100 per event hour, not including possible fees for parking attendants, security staff, venue-provided setup staff, etc. Setup or cleanup hours are priced at $50 per hour. Please fill out an event application and we can give you an exact quote. If you haven’t been in yet for a tour, contact us to arrange one!
Could you have your event Sunday-Thursday? Rates are discounted to $88 an hour! Setup or cleanup hours are priced at $40 per hour. Great way to have a cool space when your budget is more limited.
Damage deposit is additional. Rates are subject to change at any time prior to receipt of reservation fee.
Individual space that is not currently rented (availability varies): rates start at $25 per hour, two-hour minimum. Final total based on quote after determining number of people at shoot. In general the lowest rates will be for shoots with a total of less than 5 people involved, including photographers, models, makeup artists, other crew, assistants, chaperones, agents, and guests.
Half day (five hours): start at $125. Full day (10 hours): starts at $250.
Overtime hour in unoccupied space: starts at $40. Should you need to go into overtime, full payment in cash is required before OT period commences.
Rental period starts from first call time, not from the “start shooting” time. Please figure your setup and breakdown time into the rental period you need.
“Common areas” (meaning, the unleased-to-tenants owner-managed sections of the space – the hallway, front windows, converted freight elevator shaft, outdoor deck): starts at $40 per hour.
Half day in “common areas” (five hours): starts at $200. Full day (10 hours): start at $400.
Overtime hour in “common areas”: $55. Should you need to go into overtime, full payment in cash is required before OT period commences.
See below for payment arrangements and requirements.
Photoshoot application form – please fill out if you’re interested in having a photoshoot here! We cannot quote you a price without the application.
- White seamless backdrop and stands with white reflective floor covering: $25.
- Two Calumet Genesis 200w monolights: $30 each. You’ll need to bring your own triggers.
- Light stands, reflectors, umbrellas in various sizes (white, silver, black): $10 each.
- Computer transfer onsite of files from card(s) to USB or cloud storage: $30.
- Photography retouching services: Approximately $45 per hour; rates vary depending on scope of work.
We have various furniture (antiques and modern), rugs, church pews, taxidermy, mannequins, wardrobe, artwork, unusual objects, and props for rent, or bring your own. Common areas feature window walls, double barn doors loading dock, jail house windows. Common areas and individual spaces have rustic wood floors and most have at least one brick wall, all with 14 foot ceilings. Please note, our props and set decoration are not included in film / video location rentals, nor for photoshoots inside an unoccupied studio space. Set dec can be rented for an additional fee from our tenant, Oompalala Set Dec + Props. Existing sets already in place in the “common area” sections of the space, are included in “common area” $40/hour photoshoot rentals. Be aware that the design and contents of staged areas change periodically and the availability of any specific piece or set is not guaranteed without a paid rental agreement, even for photoshoots.
All equipment and props must be reserved in advance; availability is not guaranteed. See below for equipment rental payment arrangements and requirements.
Film / Video
- Starts at $65 per hour, two-hour minimum.
- Half day (five hours): $275 ($55 per hour).
- Full day (12 hours): $660 ($55 per hour).
- Overtime per hour: $90. Should you need to go into overtime, full payment in cash is required before OT period commences.
- Rental period starts from first call or pre-call time, not “pictures up” time. Please figure your setup and breakdown time into the rental period you need.
Please note, the space is not a soundstage. Environmental noise can be present. Filming that requires sound speeding is generally best suited to productions that are able to make additional arrangements with other building tenants to halt work during the filming hours, or which are willing to work around ambient noise, or where the noise fits into the type of scene. See below for payment arrangements and requirements. Please note, as with every professional film production, our props and set decoration are not included in film / video location rentals. It can be rented for an additional fee from our tenant, Oompalala Set Dec + Props. Also note that we cannot give a price without an application and all the details of what your shoot entails. Price per hour does not include any possible additional required elements such as parking attendants, overflow parking, basecamp parking, cost of moving existing furnishings, security staff, etc. Film / Video application form
Rehearsal Space, Table Reads, Auditions
Starting at $20 per hour. Final price depends on how many people. See the Event Application page for info and link to an application.
Arts & Crafts Instruction Classes (20 people max)
$2 per attendee per hour, $50 minimum for rentals up to three hours (including setup and cleanup time). Rates increase for classes with more than 20 people or which require more than three hours.
Need a place to show your art? Displays can be arranged for a flat fee or a percentage of sales.
Still photography, video and film shoots, table reads, auditions:
- 50% of total fee due at time of booking if shoot date is 11 or more days away. Remainder of balance due at call time. Payment is to be made for contracted number of hours, even if you end up finishing early. Hours needed over pre-arranged block will be charged at overtime rates as shown above. Overtime fees must be paid in cash before overtime period commences. 100% of total fee due if shoot is 10 or fewer days away.
- Payments can be made by cash or PayPal (PP balance, credit, debit) with a 3% processing fee.
- Reservations made 10 or fewer days from shooting date require 100% payment at time of reservation.
- Cancellations made at least 11 days before shooting date will be refunded at 100%. Cancellations made 10 days to 48 hours in advance will be refunded on a pro-rated basis. Cancellations made more than 24 but less than 48 hours from start time will not be refunded but you can apply the payment to a future shoot within three months. If shoot isn’t booked and held within three months, payment is forfeited.
- Cancellations made 24 hours or less from start time will not be refunded and cannot be applied to any future shoot.
- No-shows will not be refunded.
- If using equipment in-house for a booked shooting or video rental, payment due prior to commencement of shooting. Payment due at call time. Security deposit required, which will be which will be refunded 100% if equipment is returned in the same condition at the end of the rental period. A copy of a driver’s license or passport and a credit card swipe will also be required.
- If using off-site, 50% due at time of booking and balance due at time of pickup. Security deposit (amount varies depending on what is rented) due at time of pickup, which will be refunded 100% if equipment is returned in the same condition at the end of the rental period. A copy of a driver’s license or passport and a credit card swipe will also be required.
- Payments can be made by cash or PayPal (PP balance, credit, debit) with a 3% processing fee.
- Forget to bring extension cords, power strips, or small tools? They can be rented from us. We require payment in advance plus a minimum $20 per item refundable deposit, which will be returned at the end of the night as long as the items is returned in original condition.
Events, classes, gallery display:
Booking is not secure until 50% reservation fee is received. Venue for Hire Agreement must be signed and returned within 72 hours. Balance due no later than start of setup time on day of event. Cancellations processed on a pro-rated basis depending on how much advance notice is given.
NOTE: nothing on this page constitutes a contract or agreement. Terms and Conditions, rates, and information on this website are subject to change at any time.